Thursday, October 28, 2010

Thumbnail ideas for project 2

For my thumbnails I brought in a few (not so great) drawings of my ideas for the book cover.  I wanted to do an HDR image of Logan Canyon for the book, but it wasn't addressing the underlying themes of the book as it was literally an image of a river running through a canyon.  SO I decided to focus on the alcohol problem that occurred throughout the book.  I wanted to set up some bottles and have liquid pouring out from one over the others sort of like simulating a waterfall.  I can post some of those images shortly when I am on my own computer to do so.  The light was focused too far to the right and so I needed to reshoot for a better angle and setup.  Also, I took some photos of a reel in the hands of a guy (my roommates bf) but it didn't match up with the front cover idea.  Because it seemed too separate of ideas, I just stuck with the alcohol bottles idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment