Tuesday, November 9, 2010

project 3 ideas for magazine layout

Today we had our meeting about what idea we would want to develop for our magazine spreads.  I chose to go with the second option, which includes the cover and contents pages as well as two spreads (4 pages) on a specific article.  I had ideas about vegan cooking, skiing/snowboarding, and organic sustainable apparel.  I am highly interested in all of these ideas as they make up a lot of who I am and what I am spending my time doing.  I eventually chose to do an article on Park City with an emphasis on the snow industry/ ski resorts.  I initially was going to do the article in an interview format, but after thinking about it a little further, I think I am going to do a 'day in park city' format.  This would include a morning to night documentation of a day in park city that would highlight the ski and lodging resorts, the atmosphere, the local shops, the night life and other aspects (if needed, the ones listed will most likely take up a two-spread article).  I want to do an actual documentation of the article during the Thanksgiving break when I will be staying up in PC.  I will be taking my own photographs and will be writing my own article for the assignment.  Because of this, I will be focusing on the cover and contents pages for the next week or so because I won't have any images since I will be documenting and taking images during the week of November 21st.  I have decided what my magazine will be and the title I came up with is Snow City Magazine or Snow Cities Magazine.  The magazine discovers and documents different cities throughout the world that make snow and snow activities part of the main stream and which ultimately influences the lifestyle of the people who live there.

No comments:

Post a Comment